Official press release for this year's MFA exhibition (pdf file) [here].
Beth Sale's discussion from the April 11th edition of the Athens Flagpole [here].
What is it? Upon his appointment at the
- Nostalgia, and the playing/building upon our longing and understanding of persons, situations, traditions.
- Time (and the function of time)
- Contradictions, and the assertion and creation of opposing ideas, situations, feelings, materials.
- Monochromatic work.
- Hanging/dangling objects.
- Overt and conscious lack of (clear) narrative.
- Process (especially instead of meaning and narrative).
- Personal identity and memory (as opposed to group identity).
- Interiority vs. exteriority.
The museum created a slideshow of images to accompany the talk. The slideshow follows as a youtube video.
The artists, in slideshow order, are: Jim Norton (jewelry/metals), Kathlene Moyer (interior design), Deborah Ford (interior design), Audrey Molinare (printmaking), Rylan Steele (photography), Shawn Eisenach (printmaking), Nick Gagliardi (painting), Teddy Johnson (painting), Nara Kim (fabric design), Meghan Moser (fabric design), Brook Reynolds (photography), Susannah Zucker (ceramics), Kate Windley (painting), Andy Anzardo (sculpture), Amanda Burk (printmaking), Erin Burke (sculpture), Danielle Benson (printmaking), Chris Merz (painting), Natasha Seedorf (jewelry/metals), Zamila Karimi (interior design), Susan Gunter (fabric design), Jenn Manzella (printmaking), and Krista Coleman-Silvers (jewelry/metals).
The "opening" reception for the 2007 show is at the Georgia Museum of Art on Friday the 13th, 7 - 9pm.