Saturday, October 09, 2010
Free Student Membership to AAMG!
The Association of Academic Museums and Galleries is offering free student membership until October 15.
AAMG functions as a forum to discuss information and issues unique to academic museums, issues such as governance, ethics, education and exhibitions, management, strategic planning, support, collections and professional programs.
Membership in AAMG includes the following benefits:
• Friendly and highly accessible networking contacts with other academic museum professionals;
• Access to the AAMG 1,000-strong mailing list of academic museums;
• Guidance and support on request from Board members and regional representatives;
• The opportunity to participate in the AAMG Conference held in conjunction with the American Association of Museums (AAM) Annual Meeting;
• The opportunity to support and contribute to the advocacy of our field;
• The opportunity to serve in rotation on the AAMG Board.
The application must include either a copy of a transcript or a copy of a student ID, and the form can be found and submitted online.
The next AAMG Annual Conference will be held in Houston, Texas, on May 21, 2011.
For more information, visit the AAMG website.