Monday, June 29, 2009

More from Alexis, GMOA's Young Dawg intern


I can’t believe that I only have 2 weeks and a day left here at the Georgia Museum of Art. Even though I don’t have long here, every day is still worth coming to my internship. The other day I helped out with the arts and crafts activity for the little kids for AthFest. It was very fun; I had to cut up different materials used to make silly sun visors. Then another intern and I made our own sun visors, which are going to be used as examples so the kids can get ideas how to make their own. Then yesterday my supervisors were gone for the rest of the day, and I was in the publications department by myself. It was so quiet, and I was just scanning books until 4:00pm. That was the first time that I was the only one here for 2 hours. It really made me feel like a real employee and more independent. Other than that today has been just like any other fun day here. I am very glad that I am doing my internship with the Georgia Museum of Art this summer; every day is worth getting out of bed to come here for four hours.

No comments: