Monday, June 15, 2009

Young Dawgs (Summer 09)



We have a new Young Dawg working at the museum this summer, and we asked her to tell us a little bit about herself, so here's what she wrote:
My name is Alexis Richardson. I am the Young Dawg intern for the Georgia Museum of Art. I attend Clarke Central High School and am an upcoming 11th grader. I am interested in spending time with family and friends along with having time for myself and being a teenager. I am doing the Young Dawgs Program because it gives high school students like me an opportunity to see how the real world is and a chance to see what type of career you might be interested in. Along with being in the Young Dawgs Program you get to experience college life and feel like a UGA student. The thing that I like about art is that it tells a story about why the artist chose to do it. Also art can say 1,000 words just by looking at it. This internship with the GMOA is every day teaching me new things not only about art, but different tasks that you do in the workforce. When I graduate in May of 2011 I plan to go to a four-year university to get a bachelor’s degree as a Registered Nurse, work in the hospital as a neonatal nurse and live outside of the state of Georgia.
Alexis has really been helping us out by scanning a lot of our archived brochures so that we can put them up on Issuu and you can use them for research and whatnot, and we're trying to find things for her to do that might play into her career aspirations more.

No comments: